AKQA really committed to the project – their designer, Cameron, pulled an all-nighter Thursday night just to complete their idea.
Mosaic is a meta social environment – the team made a specific decision not to create a “walled garden” for the teens. While this makes it a little harder to control the content, it also means that the environment is able to tap into the excitement of other popular web services.
AKQA’s solution was truly visually compelling. It really showed an innovative way of presenting multiple different types of media.
As the kids add additional services to their profile, their mosaic grows. Check out the screenshots!
- Express Yourself: And the winner is…
- Express Yourself: Avenue A | Razorfish’s Solution – "Top Shelf"
- Express Yourself: Vertigo’s Solution – "Bluejay"
- Express Yourself: The problem, personas, rules & criteria
- Express Yourself: Ascentium’s Solution – "Teen Space"