ландшафт After a little less than 2 years in existence, Microsoft has decided to extend its investment in UX Evangelism. We’re looking to add a “breadth” UXE, based out of Southern California (LA, San Diego, Inland Empire). We want to talk to you if:
- You like getting your hands ‘dirty’ to build great experiences
- You’re deep with competitive technologies (Flash, Flex, AIR, AJAX libraries), like learning new things (e.g., WPF, Silverlight, Expression Studio)
- You like meeting lots of new people
This job will have some travel, so be prepared. Your job will be to build or integrate with design communities across the west coast (read: conferences, IxDA, BayCHI and the like). When you’re not doing that, you’ll be working with our agency partners to help them with readiness, training and support.
Of all the companies I’ve worked for (and I’ve loved some of the places where I’ve worked), Microsoft is, by far, the best.
If you’re interested or just want to have a conversation about the role, send me a resume at william (dot) tschumy (at) microsoft (dot) com
Job Description below:
The User Experience Evangelist (UXE) position is situated within the Developer & Platform Evangelism (DPE) business within the US subsidiary. This position will be located in the West Region and will cover the entire West Region from the Southern California geography. The overall mission of the DPE is to secure platform adoption, drive satisfaction and revenue growth through evangelism, community engagement, relationship marketing and a vibrant solutions ecosystem.
As an UXE, you are Microsoft’s representative to the designer/agency community helping to win the hearts and minds regarding the Microsoft platform. The notion of “User Experience” lies at the center of Microsoft’s continued long term success as a platform company by enabling our partners and customers to build rich, immersive, compelling end-user experiences that stand-out and differentiate them from the competitive offerings. The “creative professional” audience is a critical element of the overall development process. In order to realize improved software UX, designers will need to be empowered to design and build the best possible content in the most productive and efficient collaborative environment together with professional developers.
The UXE is a role with the mission of engaging with the broad community of designers and influential’s driving excitement around design related technologies for both the standards-web and Windows platforms. This position is a great opportunity to build perception of Microsoft in the design space and to create usage of Microsoft’s platform and tools technologies through breadth marketing programs and depth engagement with key accounts.
UXE’s must be able to talk about both design technologies in-depth and the business value of great design in software industry. UXE’s must be able to speak compellingly and enthusiastically to many audiences within the design ecosystem, including designers and production artists, producers and client/services managers, as well as creative directors and general management. UXE’s must also be able to engage in technical dialog with more traditional “development” organizations such as ISVs and IT departments, where the art and business of “design” is less understood and developed.
Passion for design and the creative process, technical skills in design and web development technologies, curiosity, and exceptional communication and presentation skills are required.
· Able to engage and build relationship with designers including participating in online and offline designer communities, engaging with influential’s and third party communities.
· Able to deliver and articulate effective audience-appropriate presentations/ demonstrations with designer oriented content to both small and large audiences
· Convey a compelling and convincing case for Microsoft technologies vs. the competition
· Extend reach in the designer community by partnering with Audience Marketing.
· Win the hearts of Designers to build positive perception of Microsoft with designers and Microsoft products.
· Experience with professional design tools, the market and customers for these tools, or as a professional designer/developer in the interactive and web design space is strongly preferred.
· Production experience as part of a team building/delivering web and interactive content and applications, either in a creative or technical capacity.
· 3 – 5 years related experience:
· Demonstrated expertise with products such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dream weaver, Director, and other professional design tools for photography, video, 3d, animation, and layout is a requirement.
· Passionate about rich internet applications, web design, interactive design, and user experience in all mediums from software to consumer products
· Individuals may come from either a Technical or Creative background if they possess reasonable capacity in the other.
· Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Solid understanding of the competitive products and how to differentiate Microsoft from its competitors